The programme is designed to equip participants
with the necessary skills and knowledge in the
field of telecommunications engineering. They
are trained in the areas of local and global networking
as well as current communications systems. This
is in line with the nation’s aspirations to be
a telecommunications hub in the region in due
course. The programme will be conducted over a
period of 2.5 years.
At the end of the Diploma in Technology (Telecommunication
Engineering), graduates should be able to:
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of mathematics,
science and engineering fundamental to well define
engineering procedures and practice.
- Ability to apply the techniques, skills and
modern engineering tools necessary for engineering
- Able to carry out practical / social skills
and responsibilities in ethical and professional
- Ability to portray positive values, attitude
and professionalism towards working independently
with minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
cooperate in team performance.
- Apply creative and critical thinking in solving
problems related to assigned tasks.
- Recognize the needs for professional development
and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management business
practice and entrepreneurship.
There are plenty of career opportunities for
graduates with engineering background as industrialisation
, telecommunications and technological advancement
are overwhelming in the globalised networking-economy.
A graduate with Diploma in Technology (Telecommunications
Engineering) would typically join the workforce
in government sectors and private sectors as:
- Assistant Engineer in various industries
- Technical Assistant in various fields
Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with:
- Credit in Mathematics
- Credit in any 1 Science/Technical/Vocational
- Credit in 1 other subjects
- Pass in English
WHERE IT WILL LEAD
A Diploma in Technology (Telecommunications Engineering)
will provide you with a number of options such
- Entry into Year 2 or 3 of an overseas degree
- Entry into year 2 of Multimedia University (MMU),
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and Universiti
Teknologi Mara (UiTM) degree programme*
- Straight into the industry
*Based on examination results and credit
- Multimedia College (Kuala Lumpur)
- Multimedia College (Taiping)
- Multimedia College (Kuala Terengganu)
- Multimedia College (Kuching)
- Multimedia College (Kota Kinabalu)